Hi! I am Becky and this is my baking blog! I love to bake! Did you guess that one? I think it started with cookies, then cupcakes, then cakes, then whoopie pies… I love it all! Here are a few baking facts about me:
- I think the obsession became intensified when I got my KitchenAid Mixer in 2009.
- I love to bake because I love to eat.
- I signed up for cake decorating courses only after a friend of mine asked me to do his wedding cake. Apparently the taste is there and he wasn’t too concerned about what it looked like?
- The thing I most love about baking is actually making something special for someone else! I love it when someone tells me about their favourite flavours and wants to know if I can bake something for them with those flavours!
- I will continue to hunt for a fantastic guy to bake delicious goodies for!
- I want to open a Whoopie Pie shop (see my other blog for more details!!) even though I have never tried any besides the ones I love to make!
- I have only recently discovered the great world of food blogging and have quickly become addicted to it.
My other addiction is running. I love to run. I love to run outside on a sunny spring day, a cold crisp day, or a warm rainy day. It really doesn’t matter to me. I also love to watch my favourite Food Network shows while I run on the treadmill at the gym. I have run well over a dozen half marathons and 5 full marathons. I also love to lift weights. I love to feel strong and empowered – although I am not at all any kind of feminist. I just think it is fun. I love doing almost anything fun outdoors! (Although I am not much of a camper – I need a bigger home space then a tent and I don’t like outhouses!) This love of the outdoors is great because I live in what I think is the one of the greatest cities in the world in the most beautiful province in the greatest country (Vancouver, BC, Canada).
I constantly am grateful that I like to eat healthy normal meals since I adore sweets so much and would be in trouble if I also loved deep-fried, non-foods!
I work in cancer research by day. It is great fun to try to figure out the world at the molecular level!
Some other random facts about me:
- Winners/Homesense is my favourite store. I think this partly comes from liking the hunt and partly from knowing I am getting a deal!
- I know I own too many pairs of shoes. It is especially obvious when I go on vacation and get excited about opportunities to wear some of my infrequently worn pairs!
- I have a sort of odd obsession with Moose. I don’t know why but they are great animals and I sort of like having random moose paraphernalia