I know – it has been FOREVER since I last posted something. I will be better now. I really will! I don’t even have any real excuse – too much baking maybe? (In other words, I have done tons of baking but I have been to busy baking & then don’t feel like making effort to post?) Anyways, I am back now!
I don’t like nuts in my baking. But I loved these cookies. I don’t even normally like white chocolate mac nut cookies that much but seriously these were amazing. Chewy & perfect texture. The crunch from the nuts. And the sweet tasty white chocolate pieces. Yum!!
Speaking of Macadamia nuts makes me want to go to Hawaii. I don’t think I ever realized how delicious they are until I went to the Mauna Loa Factory there! Then I was in love. Then I found out that they have the highest amount of fat of all nuts. But if you are eating a cookie with in nuts in them anyways, you may as well have the BEST nuts in there! 🙂
Macadamia Nut White Chocolate Chip Cookies
(adapted from the back of the Ghirardelli White Chocolate Chip package!)
- 1 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups or 1 pkg white chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups Macadamia nuts, chopped (I went with unsalted)
- Preheat oven to 350F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat together butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time and then vanilla and beat.
- In a separate bowl whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Add to dough mix.
- Stir in white chips & nuts. Drop/scoop onto cookie sheets.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden and set around the edges. Allow to cool 2 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Delicious!