I know – it has been FOREVER since I last posted something. I will be better now. I really will! I don’t even have any real excuse – too much baking maybe? (In other words, I have done tons of baking but I have been to busy baking & then don’t feel like making effort to post?) Anyways, I am back now!
I don’t like nuts in my baking. But I loved these cookies. I don’t even normally like white chocolate mac nut cookies that much but seriously these were amazing. Chewy & perfect texture. The crunch from the nuts. And the sweet tasty white chocolate pieces. Yum!!
Speaking of Macadamia nuts makes me want to go to Hawaii. I don’t think I ever realized how delicious they are until I went to the Mauna Loa Factory there! Then I was in love. Then I found out that they have the highest amount of fat of all nuts. But if you are eating a cookie with in nuts in them anyways, you may as well have the BEST nuts in there!
Macadamia Nut White Chocolate Chip Cookies
(adapted from the back of the Ghirardelli White Chocolate Chip package!)
- 1 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups or 1 pkg white chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups Macadamia nuts, chopped (I went with unsalted)
- Preheat oven to 350F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat together butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time and then vanilla and beat.
- In a separate bowl whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Add to dough mix.
- Stir in white chips & nuts. Drop/scoop onto cookie sheets.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden and set around the edges. Allow to cool 2 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Delicious!