Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough FudgePosted: February 4, 2012 | |
I had some ideas earlier in the week as to what I was going to write here but I am blanking now. I know it was something unrelated to the recipe… everyone else goes on about random things on their food blogs that are unrelated so I figured I could start doing that too! But now I am in a bit of a weird mood and am blanking on what it was. So maybe I will just say that this recipe is delicious and you should make it!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Fudge
- 1 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/4 milk
- 1 Tb corn syrup
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tb butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 flour
- 1/3 chocolate chips
Line an 8×8″ pan with parchment.
- Bring sugar, brown sugar, cream, milk, corn syrup and salt to a boil in a 3-qt saucepan over medium. Stir occasionally with a spatula. Boil to 242 degrees, stir frequently.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter, vanilla and flour.
- Pour the syrup into a 9×13″ pan (not the parchment lined one 8×8″ one!) and let sit at room temp about 20 minutes. The recipe said to let it cool to 110° but I accidently left it to 90 degrees. Oops. It still worked.
- Scrape the batter into a stand mixer. Beat on medium with the paddle attachment until fudge thickens and it holds its shape. This is about 3-5 minutes. Scrape into the 8×8″ pan & spread evenly.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top and press down lightly.
- Let cool completely. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes or so. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.